...and, of course, moccasins.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Donovan!

I have something to say.

This is a really random thought, but I'm really into the Old Testament stories lately. And I was thinking...

...King Xerxes called for all the unmarried girls in the kingdom. And just thinking...

...Esther was a Jew. And most Jews, during that time, got married around the age of twelve. She must not have been older than fourteen!!! I'm fifteen, and I don't even know if I would have had as much courage as she had. And, seriously! What if she was, like, eleven or something??????

It's insane how bold Esther was for God! She hesitated, but nothing kept her from approaching the king - even when he hadn't called for her, which was punishable by death. Would I have had that courage? I don't know.

So, yeah, that's that.

Right now, I desperately need to brush my teeth. Like, DESPERATELY.

I want to call attention to the fact that Kaylie and Kristi Stahl are absolutely superb. I had a prayer meeting with Kristi and Erica (my sis, of course) just yesterday. We shared our struggles and how God had worked in our lives the past week. She has a blog - krististahl.blogspot.com with some pretty legit blogposts. That isn't even scratching the surface of how awesome Kristi is, and Kaylie is just as awesome. Seriously, who else is going to marry an African-American ex-gangster who dances, plays guitar and piano, is a photographer and a painter, is half-Irish and is named Donovan??? And she's a girl with a mission - God is using her in an incredible way. She writes songs and stuff. She is so cool (Guys, they're both available! Hahaha, just kidding)!!! So yeah, just thought I'd share that.

Haha! After rambling on and on about Esther and my two dear friends, it's time to brush my teeth. Oh, and check out Psalm 68:8!

Cordially,
Lady Rachel

2 comments:

  1. hahahahaha.
    oh RACHEL.
    not only was this blogpost filled with WISDOM and a CHALLENGE (esther) it was filled with AMAZING humor. (pretty much..everything you said!) oh how i love you.

    and YOU'RE the amazing one. so THANKFUL for you. ( i should PROBABLY stop capitilizing words now..dotcha THINK?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. noooo noooo not at all! i love your capitalization!!! haha!!! and i love YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete