...and, of course, moccasins.

Monday, May 31, 2010

Oh, Dear Me.

I've learned while over in Israel...

1. "I guess gas pumps observe the Sabbath, too" - Dad
2. Camels' feet squish when they take steps.
3. Supposedly, Poles are supposed to be the nicest people around...if you consider pushing and shoving nice, then yes, they are about the nicest people I've ever met!
4. Middle Eastern men flirt like crazy. (not sarcasm)
5. Israeli people are very friendly! (that wasn't sarcasm, either)
6. Hibiscus tea is just oh...so....lovely. (that WAS sarcasm)

I had a superduper time. Several times, though, I almost lost my life, such as riding a camel, riding in a van through Cairo (that is the most dysfunctional driving I've ever seen), and riding a crocodile. Just kidding. I didn't ride a crocodile. Fooled you.

We rode on a Polish airline. The only bad thing about Polish airlines is that the people are Polish, which, in itself, is not a bad thing. Are you following me? What I mean is this: Polish people are great, I wasn't saying they aren't. It's just that I don't speak Polish, which made the flight rather inconvenient.

Are you pickin' up what I'm layin' down?

No? That's grand. Let's continue.

So we were going shopping at this Egyptian open air market type thing, and there was this adorable little boy - couldn't have been older than seven, prolly less - and he was selling bracelets. It was impossible to refuse him - we didn't even haggle (which, by the way, is an art form. I can't haggle at all, but some people are so good!). He just stood there, lookin' all cute. He was even better than the bracelets!!! We bought four. Bracelets, I mean.

But the best part of Israel? We were standing on this mountain, where Saul chased David. And it seriously looked like it hadn't changed since those days. I felt like I was reliving the Old Testament.

While in the plane ride, I got extremely bored. So I got to thinkin'...

...and all of a sudden, I was like WHOAAAAAA!!!!!!!! i'm engaged to Jesus! And we're really getting married! I'm gonna be His bride!!! I mean, I've known that for a while, but it became really real to me all of a sudden. I don't know why it did at that particular moment. It just did.

Enough for now.

Cordially,
Lady Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment